Friday 1 April 2011

Rainbow cupcakes.


End Result
I'd searched around looking at recipes for rainbow cakes and have wanted to try them for SO long (I adore this cake by MyJuiceCup, although I fear a little too sickly sweet looking...) and I ended up sort of, well, winging it.

I made a simple vanilla cake batter* and divided it into 4 bowls, then coloured each separately. I poured a small amount of batter into the bottom of each mini silicone cupcake mold and popped them in the oven for 10-15mins.
Once they were cooled I trimmed the edges to straighten each mini-cake, then used a pink buttercream icing to stick a cake of each colour on top of each other. I left the little stacks to harden, then used the rest of the icing to completely cover the cakes and topped with sugar lump sprinkles.
I let these to cool in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden the icing a little before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment